Peter Wittner

Back to main menu
...................................................................................................................

1: Name? Chophead    

2: Age? 48  

3: Resides? Malvern
 
4: Swimming Highlights? Rottnest, The big swim, Pier to Peringnon.
 
5: Biggest influence and coach? This is very daggy, but possibly my Mum.
 
6: Swimming Idol? Michael Klim; have you seen that scone!
 
7: Pool or Ocean? Both
 
8: How many kms a week? On average 12 - 14
 
9: Longest swim and how many hours in the water?      Perth to Rottnest. 7 hours although not all in the water, some on a boat as a part of a team!

10: Favorite place you have swam? Chora Sfakion – South of Crete.

11: Coldest place you have swam and temp? Brighton - 7 degrees celcius

12: Roughest swim eg. Wave height and wind speed? 1-2 metres and 40 knots
 
13: Swimming goals? Keep fit and enjoying with mates
 
14: What or who motivates you? Wife, children and general competitiveness
 
15: How much is :- Physical / Mental ? 50/50

16: Favorite saying? ???  

17: Biggest fear swimming eg.. cold jellyfish, sharks etc Dark shadows and unexpected slimy things.

18: Swimming close calls?
Cold water, rough swim, nightfall approaching, loss of breath and 2 Km's from home. A good mate named Alby calmed me down kept with me and brought me safely in.  

19: Tips for other swimmers? Put in the miles. It makes a difference in so many ways.

20: What would you eat and drink during a swim? Normally nothing as my swims are not usually long enough (some exclusions)

21: Worst place you have swam? Dirty water in Port Phillip Bay

22: Worst injuries? My back - before I started regularly swimming

23: Favorite food, drink, music, movie and holiday destination?  

Food? Salmon
Music:? Talking Heads
Movie? Happy Gilmore or Big Wednesday
Holiday? Bali, maybe Italy, possibly Paris or Spain.

24: What do you think of when you are in the water for hours? I sometimes wonder myself.

25: Where is one place you haven’t or would like to swim? I have not swum the channel, nor do I have a desire in surely the dirtiest water in the world? The question is where would I like to swim… I am doing it!
 
26: 3 people you would invite to dinner? Greg Norman, Kelly Slater and Adam Scott. He can bring the lovely Anna!
 
27: Cold water tips? Why do we do it?
 
28: Toughest competitor? Lleyton Hewitt

29: Diet and how much is weight a factor on long distance swims? In cold water, better to be a little pudgy. The slimmer I am no doubt the faster I can swim.

30: Pet hate? Bad food and bad wine that is expensive
 
31: Biggest thrill? 8 foot perfect barrels at Desert Point in Indonesia
 
32:Favorite sport besides swimming? Golf and surfing
 
33: Who would you like to sit next to on a plane:? Greg Norman

34: Car you drive? Forget what I have now, my next car is a manual Alfa.

35: Next swimming challenge? Tomorrow's 4km squad

36: Occupation? Retail  


37: D.O.B? 16.10.64

38: Pet? Whippet

Alby
...................................................................................................................
Back to main menu

No comments: